- Plastic - Individual Parts
- Plastic Kits
- Gas Tanks
- Decals and Graphics
- Complete Seats
- Seat Covers
- Seat Foam
- Tool Bags
- Bars & Controls
- Piston Kits
- Gasket Kits
- Engine Oil Seal Kits
- Air Filters
- Fork Swipe Dust Covers
- Gas Caps
- Mud Flaps
- Engine Bolt Kits
- Reeds & Cages
- Mikuni Carbs & Parts
- Kick Start Levers
- Clutch Products
- Shift Levers
- Drive Components
- Brake Pads & Shoes
- Exhaust Systems
- Vintage MX Shocks
- Race Tech
- Fork Seals
- Fork Boots
- Fork Bushing Kits
- Fork Tubes
- Inner Tubes
- Foot Pegs
- Trick Billet Parts
- M@C Maico Hard Parts
- HVA Factory UK Parts
- ATV Products
- Miscellaneous Parts
- Italian Husqvarna Outlet
Frequently Asked Questions
Production is currently 7-10 days out on all plastic orders. If you cannot wait, please do not order.
Do you sell original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts?
No, all of the products listed on our website are reproduction items. They are designed to fit the models listed in the title or the drop down list if the product has that option. We do not sell OEM parts.
What type of finish do your products have?
All of our plastic has a satin finish. We do not offer a high gloss product. All plastic bodywork is vacuum formed here at our shop. If you are building a show bike, you probably will not like the fit and finish. The edges are not as sharp as the original parts. We recommend saving your original plastic and using our plastic for racing. It works great for race bikes and trail bikes. For a true restoration, you need injection molded reproduction pieces or OEM parts.
Can you do custom colors?
Yes, we can do custom color orders. The color must be one that we keep in stock. Black, white, yamaha yellow, suzuki yellow, yamaha it blue, kawasaki green, translucent, grey, dark grey, tahitian red, flash red/orange or orange. Email or call before you place an order online to make sure that we can make it for you. Please note that any non-oem color order is not returnable. If you cannot select the color in the drop down box, that would be considered a custom color order and non returnable.
Why don't stickers stick on my plastic?
All of our plastic products have an Armor All protective coating applied before they leave the shop. Use a brake cleaner or engine degreaser before applying any decals.
How long does shipping take?
Most orders take 1-2 weeks to be shipped. We are closed Friday through Sunday. Some larger orders may take a few weeks if product is out of stock. Plastic orders that are not in stock on the shelf may take up to a week to be made. The shipping times listed at checkout are estimated from the day that the order is shipped, not when it is submitted. You can email 24/7 for order status. We do not stock 100's of each item and are not Amazon or eBay. Please note we make every attempt to ship your order as soon as possible. If you need something in a hurry, call or email for more info. UPS and USPS do not guarantee delivery dates for priority mail and ground service. There may be delays depending on the weather and time of the year.
We are not the delivery agent. Call your selected shipping service with your tracking number if there is a noticeable delay. They will assist in any way possible.
USPS 1 (800) 275-8777
UPS 1 (800) 742-5877
If your parcel has been lost, we can start a search after 7 days for domestic shipments and 30 days for international from the shipment date.
Will you ship my order in 2 separate shipments if something is out of stock?
We hold your order until everything is in stock. Sometimes it can take up to 4 weeks depending on the part or manufacturer. We do our best to keep everything in stock. We can do a split shipment but a shipping fee will apply.
Do you accept returns?
Yes, as long as the plastic has not been drilled or damaged. The products must remain in their original packaging. Custom color orders are not returnable. We do not accept returns for used parts. If you do not like the plastic, do not drill the holes or use it. We understand that not everyone will like our products. Do not expect a refund if you have mounted the parts and rode your bike. NO exceptions! We will not pay return shipping if the correct part on your invoice was sent. If you change your mind, ordered in error, don't like the finish or don't like the color you will have to pay to ship it back for a refund. You will be charged a 3% cancellation/return fee on the order. Our payment processor charges this fee once you hit the submit order button. We do not receive this amount back from them.
Can I cancel my order if it hasn't shipped yet?
You can cancel an order before it ships from our warehouse. You will be charged a 3% cancellation/return fee on the order. Our payment processor charges this fee once you hit the submit order button. We do not receive this amount back from them.
How long do I have to return my order?
If you wish to return an item, DC Plastics must be contacted within 14 days after the product is delivered.
Will you refund the shipping charges?
No. The shipping charges will not be refunded. The only time that we refund shipping charges is if the error is on our part. If you ordered a plastic kit and received free shipping, the shipping charges incurred by us will be deducted from the price of the plastic kit.
Are your products pre-drilled?
Some plastic products that are produced by DC Plastics do not come pre-drilled due to the variation in mounting hole locations on each individual vintage motocross bike. In order to get the proper fit on your motorcycle, please measure the mounting holes before drilling each hole. Do not drill each hole in the center of the mounting eyelet before checking to see if they are properly lined up on your bike. In most cases, the holes will not be drilled in the middle of each mounting eyelet. Some side panels and fenders do require the use of spacers behind the mounting eyelet. If the mounting eyelet is not as deep as the original piece, you will need to use a spacer behind the mount.
What if I received a part that does not fit as advertised?
DC Plastics will handle all issues that arise with our manufactured products. If you have an issue with a product from another company, please contact that company directly. We will help in any way that we can. Please note that you may incur shipping charges if you have to return a product for warranty issues. If you need contact information for a certain company, please feel free to ask.
If you would like a refund for the product instead, we can arrange a return.
Why do you require a valid billing address?
Our credit card processor requires that your zip code matches the billing zip code for your credit card statement. If you cannot provide a valid billing address, please use the PayPal payment gateway.
- DO NOT drill the mounting holes or modify the parts in any way before inspecting the parts. Once you drill the holes or cut them up, they cannot be returned. No exceptions.
- All of our parts are vacuum formed replicas. We make them as close to the factory OEM parts as possible. However, please do not expect the same sharp lines and perfect fitting pieces like the injection molded original parts. We are constantly updating molds and making parts fit better. If you have an issue with something fitting, please give us a call. We will do our best to help you get it to fit properly.
- Before installing your parts, please verify that you have ordered the correct parts for your make and model bike. Most parts that we sell are model specific.
- Make sure that you drill your holes and get everything lined up BEFORE you install your decals. We will not refund any decals that were applied if you decide that you do not like the plastic or fitment.
- Some plastic products that are produced by DC Plastics do not come pre-drilled due to the variation in mounting hole locations on each individual vintage motocross bike. In order to get the proper fit on your motorcycle, please measure the mounting holes before drilling each hole.
- Do not drill each hole in the center of the mounting eyelet before checking to see if they are properly lined up on your bike. In most cases, the holes will not be drilled in the middle of each mounting eyelet.
- All items have a coat of Armor All applied before they are packaged. If you are going to install decals, the plastic will need to be cleaned with a degreaser such as mineral spirits, parts cleaner, etc.
- Some panels and fenders require the use of spacers behind the mounting eyelet. Due to the molding process, we are unable to make some of the mounts as deep as the original parts. To achieve the same mounting position, you will need to use spacers behind the part.
- We are unable to form most mounting tabs on the underside of the part. Some models may require you to bolt them to the frame if they originally had the pop in nipples on the underside of the part. You may have to zip tie side panels to the frame in one spot for extra stability. Most models do not require this though.
- Vacuum formed headlight holders and enduro style rear fenders will take a bit of work to get them to fit properly. Due to the vacuum forming process, many of the tabs, nuts and mounts cannot be molded into or on the underside of the part. If you are stumped and cannot find a way to make the part work, please give DC a call or email.
- Plastic will warp during shipping. If the parts are shuffled into an awkward position, please note that you will have to bend them back into the correct shape. The parts can be bent and tweaked as needed. You will not break them by doing this. Use light heat from a hair dryer or heat gun to assist.
We offer several different shipping options. Please be aware that you can choose a shipping option with the drop-down box during checkout. International shipments are sent one of three ways: first class, priority, or express. All US shipments are sent via priority mail, first class, or UPS Ground.
All international orders may be subject to taxes and fees once the package makes it into your country. All shipments are declared with the invoice value and marked as merchandise. Please be aware that we are not responsible for any charges that are levied when you pick up your package from customs. We cannot "mark down" an order on the customs form. Please do not ask. We would like to continue shipping overseas, and it is illegal to falsify customs documents.
DC Plastics is open Monday through Thursday from 7 AM to 6 PM EST. We answer all of our emails during the week. Emails received after business hours on Thursday and during the weekend will be responded to on Monday of the next week. DC Plastics is a family owned business, and we try to handle every transaction with honesty and integrity. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org